Do you have missing teeth? Are you looking to fill those missing gaps left from an accident or tooth decay? Thinking of getting dental implants? Well, your dental implant specialist in Fort Worth, TX, Dr. William Ralstin, is here to help.
What's a dental implant?
A dental implant consists of a biocompatible titanium post and a connector that anchors a crown, the only visible part of the dental implant. This procedure is important for people suffering from tooth loss because it provides structural reinforcement to prevent other serious issues like bone degradation.
- Your dental implant specialist applies a local anesthetic in the area that will undergo the procedure.
- Your dentist places a titanium post into the jawbone.
- The biocompatible titanium post begins to bond to the rest of your jawbone.
- The doctor surgically closes the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3-to-6 months, but provide patients with a temporary crown so they may go about their regular activities.
- When you return, your Fort Worth dentist will insert a connector and place a crown that matches the rest of your teeth.
What are some reasons to consider dental implants?
- Implants can have a high success rate, 95% to be exact.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly and look natural.
- They don't slip out of place like other oral appliances.
- They are comfortable and practical, and fill gaps left by missing teeth.
- They restore bite and chewing function.
- Dental implants restore speech and make your smile whole again.
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. William Ralstin, your dental implant specialist, can help you out. Call his office, located in Fort Worth, TX, at 817-926-8700 to make an appointment today.